Alcon was founded precisely because brakes are not just brakes. As well as being the primary active safety system on any car, the best brakes inspire confidence, augment the joy of driving and reduce lap times far more effectively and affordably than by adding power. And the best brakes are what we make, alongside clutch and pedal box systems for some of the most demanding and discerning clients on earth.
What's in the Box
Alcon RC4 Custom kit is supplied in two boxes, one for each hand, and includes all the parts that you will need:
● Special alloy disc and bell assembly.
● Monobloc 4 piston caliper.
● High friction,fade resistant pads.
● Brackets and fixings.
Alcon RC4 calipers which are beautifully machined from forged alloy, feature staggered pistons in order to ensure even pad wear, the pistons are also made from a proprietary steel, a material known for having exemplary thermal resistance when utilised in braking applications.
● High friction pads increase stopping power.
● Increased pad area reduces temperatures and increases pad life.
● Steel staggered pistons in order to ensure even pad wear.
● Stainless steel pistons as standard for improved resistance to thermal conductivity.
● Pin mounted pads for quicker and easier pad change.
Alcon floating discs have been engineered to produce optimum bite, thermal stability, and durability in an exceptionally high strength to low weight design. This has been achieved by combining a special Alcon-developed iron alloy disc with an aerospace specification alloy bell.
Unique crescent grooves on friction faces provide the bite usually associated with drilled discs without the attendant durability problems.
Directional curved cooling vanes for optimum cooling performance.
Disc Thickness: 28mm
The high friction pads offer strong cold performance for start up and city driving and are specially formulated for excellent resistance to fade at elevated temperatures. This makes them perfect for those wanting performance on both track and road.